Installing an Angstadt Arms handguard
If you have any doubts in your ability to perform the following actions, stop immediately and seek assistance from a qualified gunsmith. If you need clarification on any of the steps below, please contact us to speak with a member of our support team.
Always wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) including adequate eye protection when servicing a firearm.
- Angstadt Arms handguard
- Upper receiver
- 1 – 1/4″ torque wrench
- 5/32 torque wrench or hex key
1. Remove bolts from handguard
- Remove the 10-32 bolts from the handguard using a 5/32 driver or hex key.
- Remove barrel nut from handguard
- Slide the barrel nut out from the handguard.
2. Install barrel
- Align the indexing pin on your barrel with the upper receiver and fully seat the barrel extension into the receiver.
3. Install barrel nut
- Install the barrel nut on the upper receiver and tighten down to 35FT-LBS using a 1 – 1/4″ torque wrench.
4. Install handguard
- Slide the handguard over the barrel and onto the barrel nut. Reinstall 2 bolts and tighten to 70IN-LBS torque using a 5/32 driver.